Commitment to ESG
Nordic Nickel is committed to uncovering and developing sustainably and ethically sourced, low carbon battery minerals based on best practice Environmental, Social and Governance principles.
To ensure a transparent, measurable and impactful approach, Nordic Nickel has engaged leading ESG Consultants, SocialSuite to develop its ESG framework and reporting regime.
Nordic Nickel’s initial ESG approach is centred on:
- Finland has strong rule of law and a robust environmental regime; ideal jurisdiction for ensuring upstream sustainability and downstream traceability.
- Initial meeting held with the Lapland Centre for Economic Development, Transport and the Environment (ELY) regarding Pulju.
- Both directly and through its partners in Finland, NNL has held preliminary meetings with stakeholders to ensure early and active community and stakeholder engagement.
- Local Level: Initial meetings held with the local reindeer herding communities, the Lapland ELY Centre and the local municipality at Kittilä (for Pulju).
- National Level: Meetings held with the Finnish Safety and Chemicals Agency (TUKES), Forestry Department (Metsähallitus, the owners of the land at Pulju).
- Finland’s clear permitting regime is built around strong governance.
- ESG framework using the SocialSuite platform will allow for transparent and comprehensive reporting.