Commitment to ESG
Nordic Nickel is committed to uncovering and developing sustainably and ethically sourced, low carbon battery minerals based on best practice Environmental, Social and Governance principles.
To ensure a transparent, measurable and impactful approach, Nordic Nickel has engaged leading ESG Consultants, SocialSuite to assist in developing its ESG framework and reporting regime.
Nordic Nickel’s inaugural ESG Framework can be found here https://wcsecure.weblink.com.au/pdf/NNL/02581620.pdf
Nordic Nickel’s initial ESG approach is centred on:
- Finland has strong rule of law and a robust environmental regime; ideal jurisdiction for ensuring upstream sustainability and downstream traceability.
- Initial meeting held with the Lapland Centre for Economic Development, Transport and the Environment (ELY) regarding Pulju.
- Both directly and through its partners in Finland, NNL has held preliminary meetings with stakeholders to ensure early and active community and stakeholder engagement.
- Local Level: Initial meetings held with the local reindeer herding communities, the Lapland ELY Centre and the local municipality at Kittilä (for Pulju).
- National Level: Meetings held with the Finnish Safety and Chemicals Agency (TUKES), Forestry Department (Metsähallitus, the owners of the land at Pulju).
- Finland’s clear permitting regime is built around strong governance.
- ESG framework using the SocialSuite platform will allow for transparent and comprehensive reporting.